London, Minsk, or Remote
Who are we?
Sideways 6 exists to build better businesses through employee ideas. We are a SaaS business that allows our customers to collect employee ideas by integrating with enterprise collaboration tools that they already know and love and we are on a mission to help our customers find and bring their employees’ best ideas to life.
We were named one of the ‘UK's Top SaaS Companies to Work For’ thanks to how we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, plenty of room to develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special.
At Sideways 6 we live by six core values that drive us to do our best work.
Own It, Make the Boat Go Faster, Always be Learning, Start with Why, Embrace Transparency and Celebrate Success.
We have an office based in London and one in Minsk, where our customer support and engineering team are based.
Our internal culture committee is very active and we organize lots of socials and team activities, so you will get to know us all in no time! Friday beers and cheers is a great way to wind down after a week at work and celebrate the small (and big!) wins and things that made us smile that week. We also love a bit of company swag, so if you love wearing hoodies to work, you will fit right in:-)
About you and the role
We are looking for a self-motivated, product-minded developer with good communication skills for an exciting role building our new flagship product – a Sideways 6 native Teams application.
You will be working in a small but perfectly formed squad, collaborating with a UX designer, QA, and Product Manager to design, build and launch our next generation Teams integration to the market.
You will be a hands-on full-stack developer, including strong Front-End development capability, will be familiar with Microsoft application technologies, and have an appreciation for good user experience.
You will be an experienced developer with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering digital products to market using agile methodologies.
You will demonstrate a passion and good understanding of key new and emerging technologies, especially those from Microsoft, and will be able to show the ability to quickly learn new technologies like Teams, SharePoint Online, and Power Platforms.
You also have all chance to strongly contribute to the main Sideways6 platform with the architectural, product, and development processes updates, best practices, and know-hows together with the Technical Leadership team in the long run.
Key development skillsets
- C# / .Net (4.5+ and .Net Core 2.1+) - advanced
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework, Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Microsoft Azure ecosystem (app services, cloud services, database pool, Azure service fabric)
- Micro-services architecture, SOLID, Database and memory usage optimisation, design patterns
- ReactJS - intermediate (1 year+)
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable industry experience
- You will have experience of application integration such as application interface or data layers
- Experience in modern DevOps methodologies and test-driven development
- Similar Integration-first development experience considered.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What’s on Offer
- An awesome, open, and vibrant start-up environment (currently remote)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Options policy (long-term program)
- Medical insurance
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings and annual summer party in the sun
Our interview process
All interviews will be online (video calls) in 3 stages:
1) introduction call with HR (30-minutes)
2) technical interview with CTO and Tech Lead (1,5 hours)
3) process interview with our London team (60 minutes)
You are welcome if you meet 80% o the requirements and speak good English.